The 2018 Merida One-Forty 600 full suspension mountain bike showcases Merida’s fresh new approach to mountain bike suspension, and delivers an incredible performance for the price.
The latest Merida One-Forty MTB features an all-new frame, made from a 6061 series aluminium alloy which has been hydroformed to create a complex shape that has been carefully optimized for strength and lightness. The frame tubes are triple butted, meaning the wall thickness is reduced three times along its length, which makes sure there is no excess metal along the tube in places where it does nothing to aid strength.
The One-forty’s ‘Float Link’ suspension system mounts the rear shock between two floating links, rather than fixing one end rigidly to the frame. This makes the suspension highly sensitive to small bumps, and gives precise control over the leverage rate. For enhanced steering precision, the One-forty features a tapered head tube that’s both stiff and strong, and boost thru-axles front and rear which maintain rigidity at both ends of the bike. Cables are routed through the frame internally, and feature Merida’s smart cable-entry system to eliminate rattles.
Equipped with a Manitou Mattoc Comp Air fork, the front of the Merida One-Forty 600 remains lightweight, and offers a smooth 150mm of travel to soak up the lumps & bumps under the front wheel. At the rear, the 140mm wheel travel is taken care of by a Fox Float Performance shock, with three lever-selected compression damping modes and adjustable rebound damping.
A set of Shimano SLX 1×11 speed gears come with a healthy range, slick shifting, and excellent chain retention, while the Shimano M500 disc brakes bite down on 180mm rotors to give you ample stopping power on any descent.
For trail mountain bike duties, look no further than the Merida One-Forty 600 full-sus mountain bike.
- 6016 series alloy, with hydroformed triple-butted tubes & smooth welding for maximum lightness
- Fox Float Performance rear shock smoothly controls the 140mm rear wheel travel
- Manitou Mattoc Comp air fork glides over rough trails with 150mm travel
- Shimano SLX 1×11 speed drivetrain gives simple shifting, with a wide range and superb chain retention
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes and 180mm rotors give you power and control over speed
- Sizes: Small (15.5”), Medium (17”), Large (18.5”), X Large (20”)
- Colour: Bright Green